Friday, January 14, 2011

scrapcraft nite


Scrap-craft nite went well tonite. I got everything cut that I brought with me by 8:30. Tonight I brought the blues to cut for my nephew’s wedding quilt. 12 blocks of football team and 12 blocks of blue confetti. I was going to make wonky stars for the alt blocks but they aren’t really the star type people. Also, I could not find that exact color of blue anywhere, so… They will be getting a quilt with a dozen colors of blue, like blue confetti. It should be fun. I need to get a suitcase for my sewing machine so I can take it to the all day crafting coming up in the next few months. It’s too heavy to carry but if it has wheels… the possibilities are endless.
Finished top number 4 in the PhD challenge today. Tomorrow I start quilting the first. It is a double 4-patch that I am going to try matching the quilting to the design instead of just swirly/loopy all over. I have a book on quilting without marking that I think should be helpful. I’m just afraid that I will get impatient to get it done and will get sloppy on the last ones in a hurry to finish. It has a pieced back with the leftover blocks in a row. I’ve never done this before so we’ll have to see how it looks. It is a charity quilt, but I still want it to look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment